Your wedding gown is a special possession like no other. For that reason, it is extremely important to have your dress professionally cleaned as soon as possible after your big day to preserve both the dress and the memories of your day. At Quality Cleaners, we can also provide award winning alterations to your gown, …
Quality Cleaners was recently given the prodigious opportunity to work with the New Jersey State Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution at the Isaac Watson House in Hamilton, NJ. The Isaac Watson House was built in 1708, and is recognized as the oldest house in Mercer County. It serves as the Society’s headquarters and …
This week, your favorite Greater Harrisburg Dry Cleaner has been #OnTheRoad pretty hard. Our Textile Restoration Team has been in a different town every day this week either picking up or delivering textiles affected by fire, smoke, fire extinguisher dust, or water damage. We actually were called in to rescue clothes in each of those …
When Quality Cleaners in Lemoyne opened the doors in September of 1958, our two employees shared the building with a doughnut shop and charged 10 cents to clean a shirt and 55 cents for a pair of trousers. Since then, we have doubled the size of the building- twice. Our 35 employees now fill an 8,000-square-foot building, have three …
Quality Cleaners Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area– Quality Cleaners services the Greater Harrisburg, PA Area. We are the premier ‘dry cleaner near me’. We also bring our amazing dry cleaning service to you with our time saving delivery service. If you live in Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Lemoyne, Hershey, Hummelstown, or Harrisburg, PA, you are maybe in …
Quality Cleaners- Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area Premier Drycleaner – Shoe Repair, Rug Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Shirt Laundry, Alterations, Wedding Gown Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Drapery Cleaning, and More Read More »
Quality Cleaners has been in business for over 50 years. Our professional services has led us to work with thousands of customers including a large variety of local businesses. As well Quality Cleaners has serviced the dry cleaning needs of the past 5 Governors of Pennsylvania.
Our company handles the dry cleaning and alterations of all clothing and garments. We take the extra step to help our clients manage their time with our Pick-Up & Delivery Dry Cleaning Service. Our delivery service is available in, but not limited to: Lemoyne, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Hershey, Hummelstown, and more! Give us a call to set your service up today!
Adding the Benefit of Dry Cleaning Delivery to Your Home or Your Business We all seek added benefits that will help our employees to manage their time. Quality Cleaners makes the implementation of this added benefit totally seamless for you and your employees. The fact is that our employees need to have their clothing …
Quality Cleaners has been offering Award Winning dry cleaning services to the Greater Harrisburg Area for over 57 years. We are a third generation, family owned business operating from the same location since 1958.
A research study done in 2011 by the University of California, Berkeley, showed that most of us make judgments about people within the first 20 seconds of meeting them. What we judge people on is sometimes decided even before they’ve said a word. Put your trust in us to keep you looking your best.
We offer Pickup & Delivery service to your home or office to save you time and money. Take advantage of this convenient service by clicking here (link delivery page).
Quality Cleaners is a Central Pennsylvania pioneer in the area of ‘wet cleaning’. What is wet cleaning? It’s not just washing. Wet cleaning is a method in garment cleaning, utilizing a gentle washing machine, biodegradable soaps and conditioners specialized for many different fabric and fiber types. The most important aspect of successful wet cleaning is experience and knowledge of different types of fabrics and proper ways to finish garments by operators.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), wet cleaning does not use hazardous chemicals, it does not generate hazardous waste, nor does the process create air pollution. It also reduces the potential for water and soil contamination. The specialized detergents and conditioner used in the wet clean process are more mild than even many home laundry products.
At Quality Cleaners we have found that wet cleaning, in combination with dry cleaning, is more efficient and economical to implement than dry cleaning alone.
How does it work? The garments are placed in a computerized wet cleaning machine that looks very similar to a washing machine. The clothes are wet by already conditioned water, then agitated just enough to extract the dirt and grime; but not enough to alter the structure, size or color of the garment. The garments are then transferred to a high-tech drying unit that automatically stops once a predetermined level of moisture is reached.
Click HERE for a video about our state-of-the-art shirt pressing process.
Here’s how our shirt laundry process works:
- The shirts are brought to our shirt department and given a descriptive ticket and a bar coded heat seal.
- The heat seal is a tag adhered by glue and heat. It tells us information about the shirt and makes marking in more efficient.
- The shirts are then separated into light, dark, hand presses, and dry cleaning. This keeps the shirts safe and ready to press. The shirts are also separated into no starch, light starch, medium starch, and heavy starch.
- What is starch? Laundry starch is a vegetable byproduct, most often corn, and added to the shirts as a powder. Starch helps keep the form of the shirt longer. In other words, you’re less likely to develop wrinkles, looking sharp all day. Some say starch feels stiff or rigid, like wearing cardboard. Others feel a shirt is just incomplete without it.
- Shirts are then laundered by a careful balance of 4-6 chemicals to ensure a safe, thorough cleaning and resulting in a neutral pH. The temperature in which the shirts are laundered varies by garment. Typically, it ranges from 65 degrees to 130 degrees. The temperature varies by garment. Typically, hot should be between 120 & 140 degrees, warm 85-105 degrees & cold 65-75. Water below 60 degrees is too cold for detergents to be helpful.
- After laundering, the shirts are taken out of the machine and put in a queue for pressing. Shirts are pressed wet, first on the collar and cuff press, then on the ‘bosom’ press.
- The shirts are then checked for spots, wrinkles, missing buttons, or other unsatisfactory issues. If there are any wrinkles, they are hand pressed on a ‘hot head’ press.
- Once satisfactory, the shirts are scanned to assign them as ‘finished’, bagged, and filed alphabetically.
- Happy customer picks up clean shirts and looks professional and sharp.
FYI, you can sign up for text messages or emails when your order is ready. It’s free and easy.