This week, your favorite Greater Harrisburg Dry Cleaner has been #OnTheRoad pretty hard. Our Textile Restoration Team has been in a different town every day this week either picking up or delivering textiles affected by fire, smoke, fire extinguisher dust, or water damage. We actually were called in to rescue clothes in each of those …
When Quality Cleaners in Lemoyne opened the doors in September of 1958, our two employees shared the building with a doughnut shop and charged 10 cents to clean a shirt and 55 cents for a pair of trousers. Since then, we have doubled the size of the building- twice. Our 35 employees now fill an 8,000-square-foot building, have three …
Quality Cleaners offers professional area rug cleaning. We will clean your Area Rug or your Oriental Rug for you, returning it clean and deodorized. The difference you will see in a clean rug is amazing. Most Oriental or area rug cleaners just surface clean your rug. Our technicians first vacuum the rug vertically and horizontally. …
Quality Cleaners Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area– Quality Cleaners services the Greater Harrisburg, PA Area. We are the premier ‘dry cleaner near me’. We also bring our amazing dry cleaning service to you with our time saving delivery service. If you live in Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Lemoyne, Hershey, Hummelstown, or Harrisburg, PA, you are maybe in …
Quality Cleaners- Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area Premier Drycleaner – Shoe Repair, Rug Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Shirt Laundry, Alterations, Wedding Gown Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Drapery Cleaning, and More Read More »
Quality Cleaners has been in business for over 50 years. Our professional services has led us to work with thousands of customers including a large variety of local businesses. As well Quality Cleaners has serviced the dry cleaning needs of the past 5 Governors of Pennsylvania.
Our company handles the dry cleaning and alterations of all clothing and garments. We take the extra step to help our clients manage their time with our Pick-Up & Delivery Dry Cleaning Service. Our delivery service is available in, but not limited to: Lemoyne, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Hershey, Hummelstown, and more! Give us a call to set your service up today!
Adding the Benefit of Dry Cleaning Delivery to Your Home or Your Business We all seek added benefits that will help our employees to manage their time. Quality Cleaners makes the implementation of this added benefit totally seamless for you and your employees. The fact is that our employees need to have their clothing …
Quality Cleaners has been offering Award Winning dry cleaning services to the Greater Harrisburg Area for over 57 years. We are a third generation, family owned business operating from the same location since 1958.
A research study done in 2011 by the University of California, Berkeley, showed that most of us make judgments about people within the first 20 seconds of meeting them. What we judge people on is sometimes decided even before they’ve said a word. Put your trust in us to keep you looking your best.
We offer Pickup & Delivery service to your home or office to save you time and money. Take advantage of this convenient service by clicking here (link delivery page).
Quality Cleaners is a Central Pennsylvania pioneer in the area of ‘wet cleaning’. What is wet cleaning? It’s not just washing. Wet cleaning is a method in garment cleaning, utilizing a gentle washing machine, biodegradable soaps and conditioners specialized for many different fabric and fiber types. The most important aspect of successful wet cleaning is experience and knowledge of different types of fabrics and proper ways to finish garments by operators.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), wet cleaning does not use hazardous chemicals, it does not generate hazardous waste, nor does the process create air pollution. It also reduces the potential for water and soil contamination. The specialized detergents and conditioner used in the wet clean process are more mild than even many home laundry products.
At Quality Cleaners we have found that wet cleaning, in combination with dry cleaning, is more efficient and economical to implement than dry cleaning alone.
How does it work? The garments are placed in a computerized wet cleaning machine that looks very similar to a washing machine. The clothes are wet by already conditioned water, then agitated just enough to extract the dirt and grime; but not enough to alter the structure, size or color of the garment. The garments are then transferred to a high-tech drying unit that automatically stops once a predetermined level of moisture is reached.
Click HERE for a video about our state-of-the-art shirt pressing process.
Here’s how our shirt laundry process works:
- The shirts are brought to our shirt department and given a descriptive ticket and a bar coded heat seal.
- The heat seal is a tag adhered by glue and heat. It tells us information about the shirt and makes marking in more efficient.
- The shirts are then separated into light, dark, hand presses, and dry cleaning. This keeps the shirts safe and ready to press. The shirts are also separated into no starch, light starch, medium starch, and heavy starch.
- What is starch? Laundry starch is a vegetable byproduct, most often corn, and added to the shirts as a powder. Starch helps keep the form of the shirt longer. In other words, you’re less likely to develop wrinkles, looking sharp all day. Some say starch feels stiff or rigid, like wearing cardboard. Others feel a shirt is just incomplete without it.
- Shirts are then laundered by a careful balance of 4-6 chemicals to ensure a safe, thorough cleaning and resulting in a neutral pH. The temperature in which the shirts are laundered varies by garment. Typically, it ranges from 65 degrees to 130 degrees. The temperature varies by garment. Typically, hot should be between 120 & 140 degrees, warm 85-105 degrees & cold 65-75. Water below 60 degrees is too cold for detergents to be helpful.
- After laundering, the shirts are taken out of the machine and put in a queue for pressing. Shirts are pressed wet, first on the collar and cuff press, then on the ‘bosom’ press.
- The shirts are then checked for spots, wrinkles, missing buttons, or other unsatisfactory issues. If there are any wrinkles, they are hand pressed on a ‘hot head’ press.
- Once satisfactory, the shirts are scanned to assign them as ‘finished’, bagged, and filed alphabetically.
- Happy customer picks up clean shirts and looks professional and sharp.
FYI, you can sign up for text messages or emails when your order is ready. It’s free and easy.
We now offer professional rug cleaning. We will clean your Area Rug or your Oriental Rug for you, returning it clean and deodorized. The difference you will see in a clean rug is amazing.
Most Oriental or area rug cleaners just surface clean your rug. Our technicians first vacuum the rug vertically and horizontally. Twice. They then ‘badger’ the rug, getting all the dirt and other small particulates out of the rug. Finally, the rug is submerged, resulting in a thorough cleaning.
If you have pet odors in your rug, our rug cleaning is guaranteed to remove that odor.
We will also check your padding beneath your rug for wear and tear. Rug padding will decrease wear and tear on your rug, as well as lengthen the life of your rug, leading to less rug cleaning in the future. Rug pads actually have many other benefits as well. Along with a longer Area or Oriental rug life, rug padding also prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and the dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. In addition, rug pads make for a healthier home. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. This airflow prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.
Here are a few rug cleaning tips:
- Vacuum your area rug regularly. Horizontally, then vertically. Just make sure to not vacuum the fringe of your rug.
- Foot traffic and sun can put extra stress on area rugs. Turn them once or twice a year to even out the wear.
- It’s recommended that you have an area rug professionally cleaned once a year and rotate the rugs to ensure even wear.
- Area rugs will benefit from a deep cleaning every 12 – 18 months.
- Time is of the essence when your rug becomes stained. Remember to blot, not rub, the stain as quickly as possible.
- Blot any spills with a 100% white cotton towel. For wet spills lay towel on spot.
- Gum on your rug? Peel off what you can, put ice cubes in a plastic bag to harden the gum. Scrape with spoon, then vacuum.
Do you have a rug pad beneath your area rug?
Area Rug pads have many benefits including extending the life of your rug. Rug padding prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. Rug Pads makes for a healthier home too. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. The airflow also prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.
Game Worn, Signed Wayne Gretzky Jersey Restored Following a Terrible Fire
Held by owners Barry Gordon and Lee Colonna
Fire Damage, Smoke, Mold, and Water Damage Restoration
Our Cleaning Areas of Expertise:
- Water Damage and Water Restoration
- Post Water Extraction Soft Goods Removal and Restoration
- Fire Damage and Fire Restoration
- Smoke Damage and Smoke Restoration
- Mold Damage and Mold Restoration
- Odor Removal in Clothing, Bedding, Draperies, Shoes, and more
- General Dry Cleaning needs
What Makes Quality Cleaners Different
in the Fire Damage and Water Damage Restoration Industry?
Quality Cleaners has 4 owners that lead our Fire and Water Restoration Team. This allows us to have an unprecedented amount of quality control in our everyday operation. This high level of care extends to the homeowner in a time of crisis, whether it is fire and smoke damage or water damage. One of the owners are on site every job and oversee the restoration process through personally.
Quality Cleaners is on of the largest single plant operations in the greater Harrisburg PA region. A homeowners’ fire and water restoration soft goods do not leave our dry cleaning plant for processing. Every item is ozoned or hydroxyled, deodorized, cleaned, and pressed here in our dry cleaning plant, where we have been leading the Harrisburg Area in Quality and customer service for over 50 years.
Quality Cleaners uses the very latest technology available in the Fire Damage, Smoke Damage, and Water Damage Restoration Industry. We recently invested in new, ‘Green’ dry cleaning machines. In fact, we were only the 83rd installation of this new technology in the United States. We are the first in the Harrisburg PA, Hershey PA, and Mechanicsburg PA Area. This new solvent is organic, biodegradable, and safe for the air, land, and water. Put together with the knowledge and technology of how to repair fire damage odors and stains to some degree before cleaning, this new solvent knocks the smoke and mold smells right out of garments.
We practice Customer Service every day, and have been for over 53 years. This means that each and every Quality Cleaners Restoration Team member represents our Family. Whether we are in your home due to water damage, fire damage, or smoke damage, we strive to make you feel as though you are part of our extended family.
Quality Cleaners is a full service dry cleaning plant established in 1958.
We are a third generation, family owned business operating from this location since our inception.
Over the past few years, our services have expanded to meet the fire restoration, smoke, mold, and water restoration
needs of the Greater Harrisburg, PA area.
In order to meet these needs, we have invested in an on-site, dedicated ozone and inventory room. In addition, we have assembled the education in the fire and water restoration field and the lasted technological tools needed to utilize the latest advances in our industry to restore a homeowners’ contents back to their original condition.
When we receive a call from a homeowner following a fire, smoke, or water crisis, our Smoke, Fire and Water Restoration Team goes into action to help your family feel comfortable that their garments, bedding, draperies, keepsakes, shoes, etc. are in good and trustworthy hands.
After their crisis, a homeowner can rest assured that our Water and Fire Damage Restoration Team will handle their contents with the same award winning care during the restoration process as if they were that of our other valued customers.
Our work is done on the premises, by the best quality cleaning and pressing professionals in Central Pa.
Maintaining relationships has been the staple of our 52 years of award winning operation.
The result of our fire restoration and water damage restoration efforts have been remarkable.