What to dry clean vs wet clean: One of our customers came in recently concerned about a wool sweater with blood on it. She assumed there was absolutely nothing that could be done to clean the wool sweater and that it was ruined. Fortunately for this customer, in addition to our best in the Harrisburg, PA area dry cleaning, …
This week, your favorite Greater Harrisburg Dry Cleaner has been #OnTheRoad pretty hard. Our Textile Restoration Team has been in a different town every day this week either picking up or delivering textiles affected by fire, smoke, fire extinguisher dust, or water damage. We actually were called in to rescue clothes in each of those …
We often have customers – both in our retail area and in textile restoration – who ask ‘How can I post a great review about Quality Cleaners?’ Those reviews go a very long way for a small, family owned business like ours and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to help us out. Here …
FICTION – All stains can be removed. FACT – Unfortunately, no they can’t. Whether it’s a new garment or a treasured, well-worn garment, everyone hates it when they spill something on their clothing. We understand, and will always use our best efforts to make that stain go away. Sometimes it’s pretty easy – sometimes not. Either …
The Quality Cleaners Restoration Team was asked by an Insurance Company to Restore 10 classic sports jerseys that were severely affected by soot and heat due to a fire. Our fire restoration process removed the stains left by the soot, as well as any odors from the fire.
Here are some of the before and after images of our process. Some of the jerseys include: Elgin Baylor, Marvin Harrison, Mike Lewis (ABA Pitt Condors), Joe Namath, Reggie White, and more.
Check out why Insurers in the Greater Harrisburg, PA area trust our fire restoration process. For more videos, check out our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/QualityCleanersPA
Quality Cleaners Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area– Quality Cleaners services the Greater Harrisburg, PA Area. We are the premier ‘dry cleaner near me’. We also bring our amazing dry cleaning service to you with our time saving delivery service. If you live in Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Lemoyne, Hershey, Hummelstown, or Harrisburg, PA, you are maybe in …
Quality Cleaners- Drycleaning Harrisburg, PA Area Premier Drycleaner – Shoe Repair, Rug Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Shirt Laundry, Alterations, Wedding Gown Cleaning, Dry Cleaning, Drapery Cleaning, and More Read More »
Quality Cleaners has been in business for over 50 years. Our professional services has led us to work with thousands of customers including a large variety of local businesses. As well Quality Cleaners has serviced the dry cleaning needs of the past 5 Governors of Pennsylvania.
Our company handles the dry cleaning and alterations of all clothing and garments. We take the extra step to help our clients manage their time with our Pick-Up & Delivery Dry Cleaning Service. Our delivery service is available in, but not limited to: Lemoyne, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Hershey, Hummelstown, and more! Give us a call to set your service up today!
Adding the Benefit of Dry Cleaning Delivery to Your Home or Your Business We all seek added benefits that will help our employees to manage their time. Quality Cleaners makes the implementation of this added benefit totally seamless for you and your employees. The fact is that our employees need to have their clothing …
Quality Cleaners has been offering Award Winning dry cleaning services to the Greater Harrisburg Area for over 57 years. We are a third generation, family owned business operating from the same location since 1958.
A research study done in 2011 by the University of California, Berkeley, showed that most of us make judgments about people within the first 20 seconds of meeting them. What we judge people on is sometimes decided even before they’ve said a word. Put your trust in us to keep you looking your best.
We offer Pickup & Delivery service to your home or office to save you time and money. Take advantage of this convenient service by clicking here (link delivery page).
Quality Cleaners is a Central Pennsylvania pioneer in the area of ‘wet cleaning’. What is wet cleaning? It’s not just washing. Wet cleaning is a method in garment cleaning, utilizing a gentle washing machine, biodegradable soaps and conditioners specialized for many different fabric and fiber types. The most important aspect of successful wet cleaning is experience and knowledge of different types of fabrics and proper ways to finish garments by operators.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), wet cleaning does not use hazardous chemicals, it does not generate hazardous waste, nor does the process create air pollution. It also reduces the potential for water and soil contamination. The specialized detergents and conditioner used in the wet clean process are more mild than even many home laundry products.
At Quality Cleaners we have found that wet cleaning, in combination with dry cleaning, is more efficient and economical to implement than dry cleaning alone.
How does it work? The garments are placed in a computerized wet cleaning machine that looks very similar to a washing machine. The clothes are wet by already conditioned water, then agitated just enough to extract the dirt and grime; but not enough to alter the structure, size or color of the garment. The garments are then transferred to a high-tech drying unit that automatically stops once a predetermined level of moisture is reached.
Click HERE for a video about our state-of-the-art shirt pressing process.
Here’s how our shirt laundry process works:
- The shirts are brought to our shirt department and given a descriptive ticket and a bar coded heat seal.
- The heat seal is a tag adhered by glue and heat. It tells us information about the shirt and makes marking in more efficient.
- The shirts are then separated into light, dark, hand presses, and dry cleaning. This keeps the shirts safe and ready to press. The shirts are also separated into no starch, light starch, medium starch, and heavy starch.
- What is starch? Laundry starch is a vegetable byproduct, most often corn, and added to the shirts as a powder. Starch helps keep the form of the shirt longer. In other words, you’re less likely to develop wrinkles, looking sharp all day. Some say starch feels stiff or rigid, like wearing cardboard. Others feel a shirt is just incomplete without it.
- Shirts are then laundered by a careful balance of 4-6 chemicals to ensure a safe, thorough cleaning and resulting in a neutral pH. The temperature in which the shirts are laundered varies by garment. Typically, it ranges from 65 degrees to 130 degrees. The temperature varies by garment. Typically, hot should be between 120 & 140 degrees, warm 85-105 degrees & cold 65-75. Water below 60 degrees is too cold for detergents to be helpful.
- After laundering, the shirts are taken out of the machine and put in a queue for pressing. Shirts are pressed wet, first on the collar and cuff press, then on the ‘bosom’ press.
- The shirts are then checked for spots, wrinkles, missing buttons, or other unsatisfactory issues. If there are any wrinkles, they are hand pressed on a ‘hot head’ press.
- Once satisfactory, the shirts are scanned to assign them as ‘finished’, bagged, and filed alphabetically.
- Happy customer picks up clean shirts and looks professional and sharp.
FYI, you can sign up for text messages or emails when your order is ready. It’s free and easy.
We now offer professional rug cleaning. We will clean your Area Rug or your Oriental Rug for you, returning it clean and deodorized. The difference you will see in a clean rug is amazing.
Most Oriental or area rug cleaners just surface clean your rug. Our technicians first vacuum the rug vertically and horizontally. Twice. They then ‘badger’ the rug, getting all the dirt and other small particulates out of the rug. Finally, the rug is submerged, resulting in a thorough cleaning.
If you have pet odors in your rug, our rug cleaning is guaranteed to remove that odor.
We will also check your padding beneath your rug for wear and tear. Rug padding will decrease wear and tear on your rug, as well as lengthen the life of your rug, leading to less rug cleaning in the future. Rug pads actually have many other benefits as well. Along with a longer Area or Oriental rug life, rug padding also prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and the dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. In addition, rug pads make for a healthier home. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. This airflow prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.
Here are a few rug cleaning tips:
- Vacuum your area rug regularly. Horizontally, then vertically. Just make sure to not vacuum the fringe of your rug.
- Foot traffic and sun can put extra stress on area rugs. Turn them once or twice a year to even out the wear.
- It’s recommended that you have an area rug professionally cleaned once a year and rotate the rugs to ensure even wear.
- Area rugs will benefit from a deep cleaning every 12 – 18 months.
- Time is of the essence when your rug becomes stained. Remember to blot, not rub, the stain as quickly as possible.
- Blot any spills with a 100% white cotton towel. For wet spills lay towel on spot.
- Gum on your rug? Peel off what you can, put ice cubes in a plastic bag to harden the gum. Scrape with spoon, then vacuum.
Do you have a rug pad beneath your area rug?
Area Rug pads have many benefits including extending the life of your rug. Rug padding prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. Rug Pads makes for a healthier home too. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. The airflow also prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.