Rug Cleaning is now offered by Quality Cleaners. We will clean your Area Rug or your Oriental Rug for you, returning it clean and deodorized. The difference you will see in our rug cleaning is amazing.
Most Oriental or area rug cleaners just surface clean your rug. Our technicians first vacuum the rug vertically and horizontally. Twice. They then ‘badger’ the rug, getting all the dirt and other small particulates out of the rug. Finally, the rug is submerged, resulting in a thorough cleaning.
If you have pet odors in your rug, our rug cleaning is guaranteed to remove that odor.
We will also check your padding beneath your rug for wear and tear. Rug padding will decrease wear and tear on your rug, as well as lengthen the life of your rug, leading to less rug cleaning in the future. Rug pads actually have many other benefits as well. Along with a longer Area or Oriental rug life, rug padding also prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and the dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. In addition, rug pads make for a healthier home. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. This airflow prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.
Here are a few rug cleaning tips:
- Vacuum your area rug regularly. Horizontally, then vertically. Just make sure to not vacuum the fringe of your rug.
- Foot traffic and sun can put extra stress on area rugs. Turn them once or twice a year to even out the wear.
- It’s recommended that you have an area rug professionally cleaned once a year and rotate the rugs to ensure even wear.
- Area rugs will benefit from a deep cleaning every 12 – 18 months.
- Time is of the essence when your rug becomes stained. Remember to blot, not rub, the stain as quickly as possible.
- Blot any spills with a 100% white cotton towel. For wet spills lay towel on spot.
- Gum on your rug? Peel off what you can, put ice cubes in a plastic bag to harden the gum. Scrape with spoon, then vacuum.
Do you have a rug pad beneath your area rug?
Area Rug pads have many benefits including extending the life of your rug. Rug padding prolongs the life of your floor. The rug backing and dust work like sandpaper to scratch your floor over time. Rug Pads makes for a healthier home too. They create airflow underneath the rug which allows for better suction when vacuuming. The airflow also prevents odor causing bacteria like mold and mildew under your rug.